A group of dedicated volunteers brought together to make a positive difference in the lives of children, youth and families in the Wever Hub. The Centre of Excellence created by partnerships from funders, service providers as well as hard work from volunteers have made an impact of this inner city community.
We work collaboratively with each other and with several partner organizations to improve life quality and life chances for Wever residents by:
- Providing a safe, shared physical space (Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre, Mission Services and Cathy Wever Elementary School) that fosters healthy community interaction and connection
- Striving to surround at-risk Wever children and their families with support and positive learning environments in their school, recreation centre and in all contact they have with community organizations
- Providing opportunities for Wever residents to develop the tools necessary to succeed in school and work
- Advocating for the inclusion of Wever residents in mainstream social and support networks
- Mobilizing Wever residents to invest in themselves and their community
- Building Wever Community capacity for self-determination and self-reliance