Wever Hub Strategic Goals:
- FOSTER Wever Community cohesion by providing a safe, shared, welcoming physical and social community space (Norman Pinky Lewis Recreation Centre together with nearby Cathy Wever Public School) where residents can interact and develop a sense of community spirit and kinship.
- SUPPORT residents to adopt healthier lifestyles by improving access to healthy food for Wever children, youth and families through a Nutritious Snack Program and by raising community awareness of the importance of healthy eating through programming and public education efforts.
- PROVIDE accessible, quality recreation and education opportunities for Wever children, youth and families, including barrier-free afterschool recreation programming that promotes mental and physical well being and the development of social and academic skills that increase chances of success in school and work.
- ENGAGE & MOBILIZE Wever residents to invest in themselves and their community by providing consistent, dependable encouragement and assistance to overcome barriers to participation.
- INCREASE Wever Community capacity for self-determination and self-reliance by providing opportunities for residents to participate in Hub governance and develop leadership skills.
- BUILD a viable, sustainable Wever Community Hub infrastructure across partner institutions and organizations, linking City and School Board policy with Hub practices and Wever Community needs.